If you want to change the way you think and feel, start by changing the words that you tell yourself.
How you choose to think about things rewires the brain and changes your subconscious mind. If you constantly tell yourself negative things, your brain will subconsciously look for evidence to support your theory, and prove yourself right.
The opposite is also true – when you start focusing on the positive – even if you don’t entirely believe it at first, over time you’ll find your mood improves, and your outlook on your life improves as well.
Make an effort to repeat some of these positive affirmations to yourself each and every day, and watch how it transforms your life!
We have broken these up into a few different categories, so pick the ones that matter most to you!
How To Use Positive Affirmations To Become A Better Parent
The funny thing about positive affirmations, is that as long as you put real thought and emotion behind them, and try your hardest to actually believe them, they truly work for most people.
The brain isn’t always the best at discerning reality from fantasy. This is why we still get anxious for movies in which we aren’t actually experiencing what the characters are, and we already know the outcome.
Kind of funny, isn’t it?
As you continue to tell yourself these positive messages, your subconscious mind will actually start to believe them in a deeper and more meaningful way.
Most affirmations are written in the present or future tense, using phrases like ‘I Am’ or ‘I Will’. This is by design.
You’ll also notice that most affirmations focus on embracing the positive, rather than moving away from the negative. For example, instead of ‘I am not tired’, a more positive way to phrase this would be ‘I have an abundance of energy.’
If you don’t truly believe the affirmation at first, that’s okay. Try to think back about a time when the affirmation was true. Remember that we are all capable of bettering and changing ourselves, and most of the struggles and challenges we face as parents are shared by most other people as well, at different points in their parenting journey.
Try to maintain a consistent schedule, and focus on the same affirmations repeatedly rather than trying to fit in all of these. Make them a part of your daily routine, and repeat the same affirmations to yourself multiple times before moving onto the next one.
Positive Affirmations About Parenthood
- I always do what’s best for me and my family.
- I am always there for my children when they need me the most.
- I make time for those who are important to me.
- I am taking steps to become the best parent I can be.
- My children know that I love them.
- I am a patient and understanding (mother / father).
- I validate and empathize with my child’s feelings.
- I am a wonderful role model for my children.
- I work hard to provide my children a good life.
- I make healthy choices for myself and my family.
- My partner and I agree on our parenting decisions.
- My partner and I make a wonderful team.
- I will not compare myself with other parents.
- I am helping my children make lifelong memories.
- I am confident when making decisions.
- I am teaching good values to my children.
- I am constantly learning and improving.
- Parenthood is a blessing.
- I will remain strong even on the hardest days.
- I love my child unconditionally.
- I encourage my child’s curiosity.
- My children look up to me.
- I enjoy helping my children be the best versions of themselves.
- I am continuing to learn and grow to better myself for my children.
- I am enough for my children.
Positive Affirmations About Pregnancy
- I am just as capable as all other women who have given birth.
- I will be an excellent mother to my (son / daughter).
- I am happy with my pregnant body.
- I am excited for the changes that are about to occur in my life.
- My baby can feel the love I have for them.
- My baby and I are healthy.
- I am capable of having a healthy childbirth.
- My baby will have plenty of people that love them.
- My body knows how and when to give birth.
- I am ready to embark on my parenting journey.
- I am ready to become a mother.
- My pregnant body is beautiful.
- My body knows how to grow my baby.
- I will be the best mother for my baby.
- I am capable of giving birth.
- I accept all that comes with giving birth to my baby.
- I will protect my baby.
- I am my baby’s voice.
- Giving birth is a beautiful thing.
- This will all be worth it with my baby in my arms.
- I will have a healthy and happy baby.
- I am strong enough to handle the pain of delivery.
- I accept my baby into this world with open arms.
- I can make it through this for my child/baby.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to bring another life into the world.
Positive Affirmations About Family Life
- I plan many activities for our family to partake in.
- I am keeping our home clean and tidy.
- We have a lot of fun spending time together.
- I feel satisfied at the end of the day.
- I am thankful for the opportunities given to me each day.
- Our family builds each other up.
- My family is very important to me.
- I love spending time as a family.
- I strive to be the best for our family.
- I have a beautiful family.
- My family is a big part of my happiness.
- The ability to make my family happy is within my power.
- Our family is build on love and trust.
- I will always make time for my family.
- In our family, we accept each other as we are.
- I have a loving family.
- I appreciate every member of my family.
- We work together as a family to make our dreams come true.
- My family deserves the best life.
- We applaud each other’s happiness and successes.
Positive Affirmations About Your Spouse
Feel free to replace the word ‘spouse’ with husband or wife.
- I ensure my spouse feels valued.
- My spouse cares about me.
- I am a better person because of my spouse.
- I am living a fulfilling life with my spouse.
- I am in love with my soul mate.
- I am married to my best friend.
- I picked the right person to start a family with.
- My partner and I communicate with each other.
- I am receptive to the needs of my partner.
- I make my own needs known.
- I love my spouse unconditionally.
- I am grateful for my spouse.
- My spouse loves and appreciates me.
- I trust my spouse to take care of me and our family.
- I’m with the perfect person to have children with.
- My partner love ours children.
- My partner makes me feel loved and appreciated.
- I trust can go to my spouse with any concerns and be welcome openly and fully.
- My spouse and I have a deep meaningful connection.
- My love grows everyday for my partner.
So there you have it! 90+ positive affirmations about parenthood, pregnancy, relationships and family life.
Do you have any of your own that you’d add to this list? Do us all a favor and share them through the comments form below!