Spending time in the NICU can be one of the scariest experiences that any parent will ever go through.
If you’ve just given birth and your baby has been born prematurely, days can feel like an eternity and staying sane can feel like an incredible challenge. Just as your baby is fighting, so are you. Take time to recognize and acknowledge your own strength, and try to let go of any guilt or self-blame.
We have gathered this list of premature baby quotes and sayings to inspire and keep in mind while your baby is in the NICU. They also make great captions or Instagram and other social media, if you’re sharing any photos with friends or family.
Quotes About Premature Babies
- “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Though she may be little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare
- “We all have a fighter in us. Preemies just have a little bit more.” – Preemie Support and Awareness.
- “NICU babies are true survivors. They show us the power of faith and prayer and of the human spirit. They are the embodiment of perseverance.” – Amidst the Chaos.
- “Preemie – A little bit of heaven sent down to Earth, so you can see a miracle in the making.”
- “A premature baby is one who has had a rough start in life, but survived, and thrived because of their strength. They are little fighters and deserve to be celebrated for the amazing things they have endured.”
- “The strength of a preemie never ceases to amaze me. I can’t imagine any other baby being able to go through all of the procedures and recoveries that a preemie has to do on a daily basis.”
- “Do not give up, for the beginning is always the hardest.”
- “Where there is great love there are always miracles.” – Willa Cather
- “Like my baby, I must find all the strength within me to keep fighting on.”
- “Preemies are little warriors. They are more than their size, so don’t underestimate them. They fight and they fight hard, and they want to live as much as you do.”
- “A preemie is a fighter who keeps going despite their circumstances. They are the tiniest of superheroes and the bravest of survivors.”
- “From a little spark may burst a flame.” – Dante Alighieri
- “I was an exhausted, emotional wreck one day, and the next I was holding my miracle baby. I will never forget how I felt when he was born and how he touched my heart. He is the reason I can stay strong on the toughest days.”
- “When I look at these tiny little angels, it reminds me that there is always hope, there is always a way to survive, even when the odds are stacked against you.”
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
- “The NICU is a place where miracles happen every day.”
- “You are never too young to become an inspiration to someone.”
- “Watching my little one fight for their life in the NICU forced me to become a warrior myself, too. I had to tap into a strength I never knew that I had.”
- “Survival of the fittest is not a concept that they can comprehend, they are so small and fragile, they are so weak and delicate, yet they have the ability to survive. And survive they do!”
- “Through every sickness and every pain they face, they will fight and they will conquer.”
- “Impossible odds set the stage for incredible miracles.”
- “Premature babies are a symbol of hope, and inspiration to many.”
- “When your baby arrives prematurely, it is easy to panic. Try to suppress those feelings of fear, and remember that most premature babies survive and live completely normal, healthy lives.”
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it” – Helen Keller
We hope you’ve enjoyed this list of preemie baby quotes, and we’d love if you’d add any of your own. Feel free to share your thoughts using the comment form below.
Additionally, I wanted to let you know that all of our baby bodysuits are now available in preemie sizes, as we have had people close to us give birth to premature babies as well, and wanted to make these options available to them.
Thank you for reading, and I’m wishing you and your loved ones the best!